Now that you've created an ACL, tailor it with associated rules.
To add associated rules to an ACL:
- Select the ACL from the ACL dashboard.
- Click + Create or Upload Rule(s) on the ASSOCIATED RULES tab.
- Select an option from the Rule Type dropdown menu. The option you select from the Rule Type dropdown creates a corresponding Value field. For example, choosing IP Address creates an IP Addresses field where you can enter any number of addresses. Choosing Country creates a Country field where you can enter a country code.
NOTE: Enter the corresponding Value with the following matches in mind: Header values are exact, case-insensitive matches. Identifier, Country, and Extension are exact, case-sensitive matches. Referrer, Organization, and User Agent are pattern matches.
- Set Access Rights, either Whitelist or Blacklist.
- Select an option from the Expires dropdown menu and then enter a value in the subsequent field.
NOTE: The option you select from the Expires dropdown creates a corresponding value. For example, choosing Custom (ISO 8601 format) (shown below) creates a Date select YYYY-MM-DD field and a Time (UTC) HH:MM field where you can enter a specific date a time the associated rule will expire.
- Enter any relevant notes about the associate rule in the Notes field.
- Click Save Rule(s).
Alternately, you can upload associated rules in bulk by uploading a .CSV file.
Now that you've tailored your ACL with associated rules, assign them to associated paths.