Use the access control list (ACL) to manage individual IP address access. You can set the access level and expiration window for each IP address in your ACL.
You can also manually configure individual IP access in the Distil Portal.
Optionally, export your entire ACL as a .TSV file, configure it offline, and then import it to the Portal.
Your .TSV file must include the following values.
- id – Identification number associated with the IP record. You can leave this field blank when uploading your ACL.
- ip – IP address.
- allow_deny – Access associated with the IP. Choosing deny places it on a blacklist, whereas allow whitelists it.
- expires – Access expiration for each IP. Enter any future date and time in epoch. Use an epoch converter to convert the date into epoch units (e.g. Mon, 07 Nov 2016 14:38:42 GMT converts to 1478529522).
- note – Include any notes as to why you blacklisted or whitelisted the IP for future reference.
NOTE: You can leave the ID field blank and IP can be a normal IP or CIDR range.
Contact Distil Support for assistance with whitelisting and blacklisting IPs using any of the following values: User Agent, Path, HTTP Header, Country.
Exporting Your Access Control List
Follow these steps to export your current ACL:
- Log in to the Distil Networks Portal to access the Domains dashboard.
- Select a domain.
- Click Settings on the banner menu.
- Click IP access list in the Protect your content section.
- Click the Export icon.
Importing Your Access Control List
Follow these steps to import a new or updated ACL:
- Repeat steps 1 – 4 above.
- Click the Import icon.
- Click Choose a File to browse your system for a file. Alternatively, you can drag and drop a .TSV file from your computer into the Drop File Here field.
- Click Import File.