The tutorial video below covers the same topics as this article.
Distil Networks is always focused on the security of your deployment. To that end, we have partnered with Authy to provide the two-factor authentication (2FA) feature to the Distil Portal. This article serves as a step-by-step walkthrough of how to configure your account for enhanced security.
NOTE: Before enabling 2FA on your account, download the Authy app onto your smartphone and set up your Authy account.
- Log in to the Distil Portal.
- Click the down arrow to the right of your login name.
- Click the User Settings option from the dropdown menu.
- In the Additional Security Settings box, click edit.
- Enter a valid Cellphone number and the click Save Changes. An SMS message from Authy is then sent to the phone number entered.
- Complete the registration process to register the smart phone with Authy's Distil Portal account.
NOTE: You may delete or remove the Authy application from the smart phone, if desired. If configured correctly, you will receive SMS messages after first-factor login to the Distil Portal is accepted.
- Log out of the Distil Portal.
- Return to the Distil Portal log in page and enter your username and password. You should receive a phone call or SMS message shortly after being presented with the second-factor login page to the Distil Portal.
- Enter the 2FA code and click Sign In to complete your multi-factor-authenticated login to the Distil Portal.
To reset your two-factor authentication, refer to the "How Do I Reset My Two-Factor Authentication" article.