It's important when onboarding to Distil that service host names are pointed directly at origin server IP's and not CNAME'd to the root domain.
Take this zone file for example:
- www.example.com -> (A) 192.168.1.1
- ftp.example.com -> (CNAME) www.example.com
- mail.example.com -> (CNAME) www.example.com
When onboarding the records should be changed to:
- www.example.com -> (CNAME) www.example.com.distil.us
- ftp.example.com -> (A) 192.168.1.1
- mail.example.com -> (A) 192.168.1.1
This ensures connections to ftp. and mail. are routed directly to the origin server and not through Distil (which does not support FTP or SMTP/POP/IMAP email connections).