Cloudflare provides an easy to use and understand DNS system. Migrating your Cloudflare domain is a simple process that involves two steps:
- Change your CNAME record for www.[website.com] to point to a CNAME provided by Distil
- Change your A Record entry for [website.com] to point to an IP provided by Distil
Change your CNAME record
- Login to your Cloudflare account and select settings for your given domain.
- Click edit record for the www entry CNAME entry.
- Change www.yourwebsite.com to be an alias of www.yourwebsite.com.distil.us
- Click Save.
- Disable Cloudflare acceleration by clicking the orange cloud.
Change your A Record
- Select Edit Settings on the A record of the root domain you're migrating onto Distil.
- Type in the domain root IP address assigned to you by Distil during your domain registration process.
- Select Save.
- Click I'm done entering my DNS Records.
It will take at least 5 minutes for DNS Settings to propagate.