Migrating Your Website to Distil Using Media Temple DNS:
Media Temple provides an easy to use and understand DNS system. Migrating your Media Temple domain is a simple process that involves two steps:
- Change your CNAME record for www.website.com to point to a CNAME provided by Distil
- Change your A Record entry for website.com to point to an IP provided by Distil
Editing your www CNAME to point to Distil's Network
- Log in to Media Temple
- Click on the domain you want to edit.
- Scroll down to Domain Tools.
- Click the Edit DNS Zone File icon.
- In the Name field, enter www
- Select CNAME in the Type menu.
- In the Data field enter www.yourwebsite.com.distil.us
- Click Save.
Editing your root domain yourwebsite.com A Record to point to Distil's Network
- Log into your account at the Media Temple AccountCenter
- Click on the domain whose DNS zone file you want to edit.
- Scroll down to the Domain Tools section.
- Click the Edit DNS Zone File icon
- Under the Name column locate the * line
- Select A in the Type menu
- Enter the IP address given to you by Distil in either the Add Domain wizard in the portal or in your deployment email.
- Choose A (Address) in the Record Type menu.
- Click Save