Migrating Your Website to Distil Using Dyn DNS:
Dyn provides an easy to use and understand DNS system. Migrating your Dyn domain is a simple process that involves two steps:
- Change your CNAME record for www.website.com to point to a CNAME provided by Distil
- Change your A Record entry for website.com to point to an IP provided by Distil
Editing your www CNAME to point to Distil's Network
- Sign in to your Dyn account
- In the Hostname field, enter www.yourwebsite.com
- In the Alias to field, enter www.yourwebsite.com.distil.us
- Save your changes
Editing your root domain yourwebsite.com A Record to point to Distil's Network
- Sign in to your account at Dyn.
- Select the domain name you wish to edit.
- The Hostname field should be "@".
- Set the TTL to one minute.
- In the IP Address field enter the IP address given to you by Distil in either the Add Domain wizard in the portal or in your deployment email