Migrating Your Website to Distil Using Linode DNS:
Linode provides an easy to use and understand DNS system. Migrating your Linode domain is a simple process that involves two steps:
- Change your CNAME record for www.website.com to point to a CNAME provided by Distil
- Change your A Record entry for website.com to point to an IP provided by Distil
Editing your www CNAME to point to Distil's Network
- Log into your account manager at Linode.
- Click Linode Manager.
- Click DNS Manager.
- Scroll down to CNAME Records.
- Click Add a new CNAME record.
- In the Aliases to field, enter www.
- Enter www.yourwebsite.com.distil.us in the Hostname field.
- Click Save.
Editing your root domain yourwebsite.com A Record to point to Distil's Network
- Log into Linode
- Click Linode Manager
- Click DNS Manager
- Scroll down to A/AAAA Records
- In the first row under Options click Edit
- Enter the IP address given to you by Distil in either the Add Domain wizard in the portal or in your deployment email
- Click Save