Migrating Your Website to Distil Using MyDomain.com DNS:
MyDomain.com provides an easy to use and understand DNS system. Migrating your MyDomain.com domain is a simple process that involves two steps:
- Change your CNAME record for www.website.com to point to a CNAME provided by Distil
- Change your A Record entry for website.com to point to an IP provided by Distil
Editing your www CNAME to point to Distil's Network
- Log in to your MyDomain.com account.
- Click on the My Services tab.
- Under Manage My Services, click on Manage Servicecacs.
- Go to Domain Overview.
- Click on Domain Administration.
- Select the domain you're using with LaunchRock.
- Click the DNS tab, and select DNS Records.
- Click Add New DNS record.
- From the drop-down menu, select CNAME, and click Next.
- Enter www.
- if you picked signup.yoursite.com as your address, enter signup, and then enter www.yourwebsite.com.distil.us.
- Click Finish
Editing your root domain yourwebsite.com A Record to point to Distil's Network
- Login to your account at MyDomain.com
- Click Hosting & Services
- Click Control Panel next to your hosting subscription
- Click Hosted Domains
- Click on the domain name you would like to add DNS records to
- Click the DNS tab
- Click the DNS Records sub-tab
- Click Add New DNS Record
- Set the Record Type to A and
- Click Next
- Direct to the IP address given to you by Distil in either the Add Domain wizard in the portal or in your deployment email
- Save your changes.