Integrating the Distil SDK is a simple four-step process:
- Request the SDK
- Install the SDK
- Test the SDK
- Release Your App
1. Request the SDK
Request the Distil SDK from your account executive. You’ll receive a .ZIP file that includes:
- Detailed instructions regarding how to integrate the SDK into your application
- The library to use within your application
- An example application to see code examples on how to integrate the SDK library
- The SDK API documentation describing each function that should be used
2. Install the SDK
After receiving the Distil SDK, follow the detailed instructions regarding how to integrate it with your application project. The instructions are specific to your account and the OS (Android, iOS) of the app you’re developing.
You must also add the delivered binaries of the Distil SDK as a library in your application. Once initialized, the library should be called for every HTTP request to your protected API.
Once the SDK library is included with the app, you must ensure that:
- The SDK init() function is called at application startup.
- A token returned from the getToken() function is added as a header to each HTTP request made to the API endpoint.
3. Test the SDK
After installation of the Distil SDK, test your application using your normal testing scenarios. Additionally, you should:
- Ensure all calls from your mobile app to protected API have a token appended.
- Test your app when a Distil server is blocking calls. This requires a test domain protected by Distil.
4. Release Your App
With the Distil SDK now fully integrated and all functionality tested, release your app by publishing it to its respective app store.