By editing a domain’s default settings, you can configure automated responses to thwart attacks against your entire site and all of its content. You can also tailor specific settings for individual paths.
NOTE: This feature is available to domains that have been migrated to the latest version of Distil.
To access default content protection settings for a domain:
- Log in to the Distil Portal.
- Select a domain from your Domains dashboard.
- Click Settings on the banner menu.
- Click Edit Default Settings in the Content Protection section.
Content protection settings are organized by tabs, including:
- Automated Threats Policy – Known violators, known violator data centers, identities, aggregator user agents, and automated browsers.
- Machine Learning Policy – Estimated graph and threshold slider.
- Rate Limiting Policy – Pages per minute, pages per session, and session length.
You can activate multiple threat responses for Distil to use in automatically mitigating threats.
NOTE: All of these settings default to monitor-only mode for new customers.