Once you’ve configured default settings for your domain(s), tailor specific settings for individual paths. This is especially useful for site pages requiring unique sets of protection policies.
To access content protection settings by path:
- Log in to the Distil Portal.
- Select a domain from your Domains dashboard.
- Click Settings on the banner menu.
- Click Edit Settings by Path in the Content Protection section
Use the path table to manage your content protection settings, including:
- Priority – The path priority in relation to other configured paths.
- Path – The specific path configured for the content protection setting.
- Match Type – The path match type, either Contains or Pattern.
Click Edit Priorities to reorganize the priorities of your paths.
Adding a Path
To apply content protection settings to a specific path, you must first add a new path:
- Click + Add a Path.
- Assign a Priority to the path setting.
NOTE: This field automatically assigns the highest priority (1) to the path setting. Manually enter a value to lower the priority.
- Enter the path you are configuring.
- Select a Match Type.
• Contains – The content protection setting will apply to any path that contains the string you enter in the Path field (above).
• Pattern Match – The content protection setting applies to any path that matches the Lua pattern you enter in the Path field (above).
- Configure the path content protection settings, where applicable. Path-specific content protection settings are inherited from the default content protection settings and appear as Domain Default [action type] in the dropdown menu.
- Click Save.
Prioritizing Your Paths
Now that you’ve created paths, arrange their priority. Paths having a higher priority (closer to 1) take precedence over those having a lower priority.
There are three ways to set path priority:
- Drag and Drop – Hover over a single entry in the path table to enable the row selector (). Drag and drop the row up or down. Then, click Save.
- Edit Priorities – Click Edit Priorities on the path table to manually edit the Priority fields. Change the priority of one or multiple paths at a time, and then click Save. Alternately, drag the row selector () of a single row to change the path priority.
- Edit Path – Select a single path from the path table, manually enter a priority number, and then click Save.
Deleting A Path
There are two ways to delete a path:
- Edit Priorities – Click Edit Priorities on the path table to enable the delete () icon. Delete one or multiple paths at a time and then click Save.
- Edit Path – Select a single path from the path table and then click Delete Path.