Once you’ve configured default settings for your domain(s), tailor specific settings for individual paths. This is especially useful for site pages requiring unique sets of protection policies.
NOTE: This feature is available to domains that have been migrated to the latest version of Distil.
To access content protection settings by path:
- Log in to the Distil Portal.
- Select a domain from your Domains dashboard.
- Click Settings on the banner menu.
- Click Edit Settings by Path in the Content Protection section
Use the path table to manage your content protection settings, including:
- Priority – The path priority in relation to other configured paths.
- Path – The specific path configured for the content protection setting.
- Match Type – The path match type, either Contains or Pattern.
Click Edit Priorities to reorganize the priorities of your paths.
Adding a Path
To apply content protection settings to a specific path, you must first add a new path:
- Click + Add a Path.
- Assign a Priority to the path setting.
NOTE: This field automatically assigns the highest priority (1) to the path setting. Manually enter a value to lower the priority.
- Enter the path you are configuring.
- Select a Match Type.
• Contains – The content protection setting will apply to any path that contains the string you enter in the Path field (above).
• Pattern Match – The content protection setting applies to any path that matches the Lua pattern you enter in the Path field (above).
- Configure the path content protection settings, where applicable. Path-specific content protection settings are inherited from the default content protection settings and appear as Domain Default [action type] in the dropdown menu.
- Click Save.
Prioritizing Your Paths
Now that you’ve created paths, arrange their priority. Paths having a higher priority (closer to 1) take precedence over those having a lower priority.
There are three ways to set path priority:
- Drag and Drop – Hover over a single entry in the path table to enable the row selector (). Drag and drop the row up or down. Then, click Save.
- Edit Priorities – Click Edit Priorities on the path table to manually edit the Priority fields. Change the priority of one or multiple paths at a time, and then click Save. Alternately, drag the row selector () of a single row to change the path priority.
- Edit Path – Select a single path from the path table, manually enter a priority number, and then click Save.
Deleting A Path
There are two ways to delete a path:
- Edit Priorities – Click Edit Priorities on the path table to enable the delete () icon. Delete one or multiple paths at a time and then click Save.
- Edit Path – Select a single path from the path table and then click Delete Path.